Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pretty Pictures

I don't have anything much to write about today, but I thought I would share some inspiring images.  I am trying to get my creative juices flowing so that I can create some jewelry pieces for summer-now, fall-soon, and summer-next-year. 
I was always obsessed with candy sticks. In hindsight I think I liked the colors and stripes more than the taste. In Ohio these things were ubiquitous. Candy, it's color, design, and texture are all of the reasons I named my jewelry line "Sugar". (I also have a slight obsession with jewelry - candy for adult women)

Destroyed Hermes Kelly bag courtesy of Kelly Wearstler's blog. Gorgeous. It has a perfect combination of acceptable rebel, just what my alter ego Punk Rock Heidi admires.

Fish. Pretty.

Isn't this an adorable book? I don't even know what it is. Picture courtesy of Anna Spiro a la Black & Spiro in Australia. I adore vintage book covers (as my grandmother predicted), and this one is especially cuirous.  

Anna Dello Russo's shoes. I cannot tell who made these, but they are divine.

Are you kidding me with these pink packages? Perfect! 
Have a wonderful August day.  Just sitting in the sunny and temperate California desert wishing for a rainstorm.  No, really, I am.  It rained here the other morning at 5:45 am and it was like a holiday. Remember my posts when I lived in Newport and hoped it wouldn't storm and ruin our beach parties? Yes, well, wishing for some weather...