Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Geek Knew


The Geek: This...this is a Rolls Royce Jake!
Jake: Yeah.
The Geek: I heard the grill costs $5,000 alone. Do you have $5,000? 'Cause I don't.
Jake: Well, just don't hit anything.
The Geek: Don't hit anything he says.

Fantastic timepiece that celebrates the disco era, made in the 1970s by Corum and available on 1stDibs.com for, yes, you guessed it, about $5,000.
There are so many comments I can make about this watch. The more I look at it the more I wish I had $5K in disposable income to invest, conserve, and also celebrate that era de chic. No, really, I am not losing my marbles here. Look at it. It has a black crocodile band, the grill actually lifts up to show you the face of the watch. Who had this made? This is an incredible slice in design history. Someone buy this please. And if you are in touch with Jay-Z, Lupe, or Diddy, pass it along. I want to see this on someone's wrist pronto.

No comments: