Thursday, August 25, 2011

By a Neck

Back to the matter at hand: learning from street style, namely that of Paris. 
I am obsessed with scarves.  I think they are good for anything, and nearly any weather (except the current 90 degree temps we are enduring here in Southern California, therefore my scarves wait patiently).  I think a scarf adds an instant bit of interest to any ensemble.  Have a look below and see how these women wrap and fold their accessories.  P.S. They are incredible little blankets on airplanes, a must have when flying. 
The asymmetrical oversized square scarf wrap.  Sometimes a square scarf is a challenge, but this girl has it down.  I am taking notes. 

The massive scarf.  I love this look.  It is a bit extreme and takes a sleek ensemble to pull it off without looking like a remnant bin.  Giant Scarf look can also be achieved by daring to wear two scarves at once.  A look my friend AHN pulls off flawlessly. 

Basic How to Wear a Scarf looks.  Hair up or down, look simple or colorful.  These are all appropriate and add dimension and texture.

And finally, here's the funnelneck coat you need when you don't have a scarf.  this thing is AMAZING.  I love the color grey, natural leather buckles, and of course the dramatic neck.  I love a rather existentialist dramatic graphic look.  I love it.  I am jealous and want to be in the weather wearing this coat. 

No comments: