Monday, October 5, 2009

Rings on Parade, Part One...

I never fully got the concept of "cocktail ring" since my Grandmother, who owned the rings and allowed me to wear them to picnic dinners (sometimes), was no longer "cocktailing". The term confused me...
...Until later when I heard stories about all of the previous cocktailing she and my Grandfather had done during the summers in the 50s and 60s. Two solid decades of cocktailing. It skips a generation; my parents did not go out and tie one on.
My love for occaision jewelry was born. To wear everyday to picnic dinners, and to wish I could have been a firefly in the yard at some of my Grandfather's Mint Julep parties.
Tony Duquette Cabochon Ring - coral, turquoise, peridot, and amethyst.
Vintage David Webb Labradorite and Diamond ring. One word: Phe-nom-i-nal.

And finally with a regal but subdued presence, another vintage David Webb ring (do you detect a theme? Yes, he was a genius). Carved onyx with rose cut Rock Crystal. So good!
Happy Monday.
p.s. These are actually all for sale right now ($$$$$$) on 1st Dibs.



No comments: