Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ta Da!

Opening Ceremony, the international concept boutique, has gone e-commerce! Great news for those who cannot frequent the store monthly when they change out inventory (hmm, do you think Target was inspired by them in their Go! International collections?).

The real reason I am writing this blog is to celebrate the Saddle Shoe. Love it! I used to really really enjoy the men in college who rocked the brick soled buck saddle shoes. Give me a man in saddle bucks and a BD Baggies shirt. My friend Blaine Richardson from Mississippi rocked this look like I cannot even tell you. He is a men's style icon in my memory; I can still hear his gravely deep voice and southern drawl.

Opening Ceremony is sharing their slightly more cool-i-fied version of the saddle shoe; sleek and defined for the dapper man of the 21st century. I am glad it is being celebrated somewhere and somehow. And I have to say, I love the navy/latte suede combo. Now where are those vintage BD Baggies, boys?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so love these on a boy, good call HB----much better then Timberlands--enough said! :>

Anonymous said...

Gave Keaton a pair for graduation. Funny we never discussed bucks before this. My high school uniform (unofficially, since I went to public school) was a pair of vintage oxblood and cream bucks with the red black cat soles I got at a job-lotter, khakis with the legs rolled and a maderas blouse. Was I mocked, was I jeered? You bet!

But still, love those bucks.