Monday, January 19, 2009

I thought CK Bradley had a new catalog...


...but J Crew strikes again.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy J.Crew. I have spent many blissful hours of my youth trotting around in my beloved anorak (which I still have...vintage now). But I am a little bored with designers in similar genres blatantly ripping one another off.

J. Crew's new catalog (January) really really resembles the CK Bradley drawings that their assistant designer has been drawing for upwards of three years. This is not the first time J. Crew has gotten a little inspiration from Camilla Bradley. Camilla and her crew at CK Bradley have a way of executing design with passion and intensity. Something a corporate brand just cannot accomplish no matter what color label or collection name they are selling it under. Good for J. Crew for getting bigger; I would just hope that they would have a few more original ideas since they are (I am sure) paying designers to do just that, have original thoughts.

This concept of originality is more important now than ever if you want to sell anything in this (supposedly) challenged market.

I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Three cheers to CK Bradley for keeping it real - and snaps to all of the other designers out there manifesting original designs. Everyone keep your eyes peeled for the CK Bradley Spring 2009 collection, it's delicious!

1 comment:

Arianne said...

CKB Spring 2009 ... CANT WAIT. Heidi do you have a website for your jewelry???? xoxo Arianne