Friday, May 22, 2009

Frivolity

An Alligator Flyswatter. Brilliant.
I like the word "flyswatter". It was once use to describe the odd shape of my friend's cul-de-sac: "We live at the top part of the flyswatter", she said. That summer we watched "Dirty Dancing" on VHS every day we were not at the beach.
This American Alligator flyswatter is available on a great site called Colonel Littleton out of Tennessee. It's $310 and makes a wonderful gift for your friends on the UES who have everything and definitely do not need flyswatters (it can be monogrammed). Get it for the people who don't get it. Make it awkward.
Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Oh my gosh -- I love croc anything. We don't have many flies around here (a good thing) so I can't justify spending that much on one. But if we did, I might be tempted.

Your fly quote reminds of the one we say sometimes in the South (a rather crude one)...something about "Ain't no flies on that _____. I think you can guess the meaning....